HALE AKAMINE, Ph.D., F.A.C.F.E. , F.A.C.P.S.
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, University of Hawaii, 05/91
- B.A. Psychology cum laude, University of Colorado, 05/79
- H.S. Valedictorian , Waimea High School (Kauai), 05/75
- Executive Director - Clinical Psychologist - Family Ministries Center. 03/1993 - current.
- Adjunct Faculty – Pacific Rim Christian College , 2010 – 2012, Int. College & Graduate School, 01/1992 - 1997.
- Consultant – Aloha Pregnancy Care & Counseling Center, 2010 – current.
- Clinical Psychologist - Ola Hou Clinic. 01/92 - 03/93, Straub Clinic & Hospital - Employee Assistance Program, 10/90 - 02/93.
- Behavioral Health Specialist - Straub Clinic & Hospital, Health Education Center, 05/88 - 12/91.
- Sleep Disorders Educator - Straub Clinic & Hospital, Sleep Disorders, 06/85 - 10/90.
- Psychology lecturer - University of Hawaii, 1987 - 1988.
- Case Manager - Counselor - Division of Youth Services, State of Colorado. 05/79 - 08/83.
ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- TV guest (on-going, periodic) : Doctor to Doctor (Healthy Lifestyles) , Joy in the Town KAAH TV, 02/07 – current.
- TV host/producer : Living the Akamai Lifestyle , Olelo TV, 7/13 - current.
- Mission (Fiji) : conference speaker/leader (annually since 2002 – current, Family Ministries Center/Makakilo Baptist Church)
- Host : AKAMAI STYLE (Living life well locally) , KGU AM 760 radio, 12/04-12/06. Author : Healing the wounds: teenagers learning to cope with divorce. LifeWay Press: Nashville, 1995.
Seminar facilitator (selected topics):
- Raising your kids without losing your voice, (ongoing seminars to churches & preschools, schools on Oahu & Kauai)
- When Leaders Fall, Piercing the Darkness: Understanding Infidelity, Hawaii Islands Ministries Conference, 3/23/12.
- Fighting for your marriage (marriage seminar) , Selected churches: Hope Chapel Olomana, Makakilo Baptist Church, New Hope Christian Fellowship Oahu/Honolulu Christian Church, Hope Chapel Kapolei, Kalihi Union Church, Grace Bible Honolulu
- Keeping Your Church Out of Court: Counseling Guideline for Leaders, Hope Chapel West Oahu, 5/22/10.
- Anger Management, Campbell High School Football Coaches, 3/25/06. Dealing with difficult people , Family Life Series @ Pearl City Baptist Church, 6/25/05.
- Small group leader training , Honolulu Christian Church, 5/27/06; New Hope Pearl Community, Hope Chapel West, 11/4/03.
- Dealing with sexual sin in your church , Hope Chapel Kapolei ministry staff, 5/10, 6/99.
- Finding the right mate , Grace Bible Church, 2/18/01, New Hope Christian Fellowship Singles Conference, 9/26/98
Speaker (selected topics):
- The Science of Happiness, West Honolulu Rotary Club, 9/7/12.
- Make Peace with your fathers, Hope Chapel Diamond Head (Young Leaders group), 11/5/10.
- Understanding you wife & kids, Hope Chapel Diamond Head (Marketplace Leaders group), 9/17/10.
- Understanding your parents , Youths: Makakilo Baptist Church, 1/25/07, New Hope Leeward, 11/10/06.
- Why men don’t talk; Women won’t tell, Executive Women Int., 3/8/06.
KDNI AM 6/2/21 - Overcoming the anxiety of Covid. Presenter: How to Help Your Staff and Constituents During the Pandemic, 6/4/21, HI Pastors Roundtable
KGU 760AM: Infidelity , 8/3/04 & 8/24/04, Biblical counseling , 4/20/04.
KGU 995FM , Broken people and families can be healed, 2/7/12
TV guest: KHON TV News, Discovering infidelity, 5/20/04, KALO, Connection Point with Wayne Cordeiro 4/29/03
How to raise irresponsible children and teens, Sunset Beach Church of Christ , 11/15/98, Kanoelani Elementary PTA , 11/12/98, Mililani Baptist Preschool , 10/9/98, Hawaii Baptist Academy, 9/14/95, K HON TV: Infidelity, 4/04;Teen and divorce, 1/2/96;
Documentary: Is your family at risk?, 10/1/94; KHET TV
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING (selected list)
Focus on the Family/Azusa Pacific University. Counselor Enrichment Program, 7/89.
Focus on the Family. Counselor Enrichment Program, 7/94.
Veterans Administration Outpatient Clinic & Mental Health Center
Straub Clinic & Hospital Sleep Disorders Center
LANCE SUAN, Ph.D
- 1993 – Ph.D. Clinical Psychology (University of North Dakota)
- 1989 – M.A. Psychology (University of North Dakota)
- 1987 – B.A. Psychology (University of Hawaii – Manoa)
Family Ministries Center. 04/11 – current
Dept. of Health – Adult Mental Health Division 04/04 – current
Kalihi-Palama Community Mental Health Center
Dept. of Health – Early Intervention Section 10/02 – 04/04
Dept. of Health – Child/Adolescent Mental Health Division 01/98 – 10/02
Diamondhead Family Guidance Center
Pain Management Clinic of Hawaii 11/96 – 01/98
Woodland Park Hospital – Portland, OR 07/95 – 10/96
Mental Health Therapist
Dept. of Health - San Bernardino County, CA 08/93 – 12/94
New Day Clinic
Haven Psychological Associates – Rancho Cucamonga, CA 1993
Jerry L. Pettis VA Hospital – Loma Linda, CA 10/91 – 10/92
HEIDI PIMENTAL, LMHC
- 2016-2019, Concordia University - Masters in Counseling
- 2015-2016, Huntington University - Masters in Counseling
- 1987, University of Hawaii - BA, Speech/Communications
- 2014, Townsend and Cloud Training: OWI for Counselors
- Family Ministries Center, 6/21
- Intern MA Counselor, Family Ministries Center, 2018-2021
- SYMBIS Facilitator, Pre-Marital/Marriage Assessment, 2021
- Pure Love Facilitator, BARONE Inc. C4 Hawaii, 2017
- The Bridge, Core, Communicating with God, Barone Inc. , 2017
- EQ Training, 2016
- Gottman Marriage Training, 2015
- Biblical Intimacy/Sexuality Counseling, Dr. Cliff & Joyce Penner, 2015
- Pastoral Care and Counseling, Pacific Rim University, 2015
- Making Peace with Your Past, Moanalua Missionary Church, 1994
- Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus, Dr. John Gray, 1992
- PSI World Seminars, 1989-1991
- Care Team, C4 Hawaii - 2020-Current
- Women in Ministry Leadership, Counselor, PSW District, ICFG - 2020-Current
- Family and Youth Ministry, NHDH C4 Hawaii - 2010-2017
- Women's Ministry, NHDH C4 Hawaii - 2007-Current
- Youth Mission Team, Dream Center, CA - 2017
- Volunteer, Ho'ola Na Pua, HI - 2016
- Supporter, ZOE International, CA, Thailand - 2016-Current
- Disaster Relief/ Support - 2011